Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So Very Glad I Got In Contact With The Better Alien Of My Human Nature








Thank you for allowing your creative spirits to grace my Face Book.

Friends like you are like atoms and stars in the fabric of Life.

Together we can free dreams of higher education for kids.

I enlighten your smiles by offering more of my story.

Once upon a time line…

The Man With His Own Exciting Theme Song For The Reading Rainbow On PBS

I was running out of time. I had to move quickly and pick two electives before the doors of higher education closed like a high tech Swiss bank filled with diamonds.

As if I were a blind man playing darts at a pub in England, I aimed my pointer finger while I flipped the pages of college courses at NYU.  You shouldn’t believe this bull’s-eye as I couldn’t believe it: Scriptwriting Class! The Creative Force is with me!  

And the second elective is…

“Are you sure you can handle Japanese language class,” asked a female counselor

HAI!

(Subtitle: Yes!)

Ever since I was a boy who saw twice (and then some) James Bond in You Only Live Twice at The Star theatre in The South Bronx, I wanted to speak Japanese like Sean Connery is 007 and make gadgets like Q Branch (which I did!!!)

In fact, I was the only kid who could carry a British accent in a neighborhood of African-Americans and Puerto Ricans with children that chased me after school when my sixth grade English teacher proudly announced my high school reading level of 11.5.

Wished I attended a charter school for gifted youngsters run by the X-Men.

Yeah, I’m a mutant. What’s that? The M Word is the new N-Word? 

I’m very angry with inferior humans. I’ll deal with them later.

Where was I? Oh, yeah. I had to get out of this town.

I have an insatiable thirst to byte into Higher Ed.

Access granted. Hello NYU computer room.

By the way, I’m lost in the movies.

Which way is reality again?

To Sleep, Perchance To Pitch Nightmares To DreamWorks: Comic Book Cyber Journal Of The Better Angels Of Our Nature By Danny Aponte of P.S 161



Copyrighted 2014 by me.

For Rosemary Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020