Thursday, October 26, 2017


 Cartoons were the first drugs of choice in my childhood to escape the burnt out buildings and other social ills in The South Bronx, as it was in a past millennium.

I’m sending this message from the year 2177 thanks to an overdose of Mass Media.

I’ve been cloned from DNA found on my comic book collections that survived a worldwide kill order of a president that believed superheroes were part of Fake News.

 After my brain was uploaded with my Face Book profile and New York City report cards, I opened my eyes and found myself dressed in a uniform straight from Star Trek.

I was scared because Hispanic crewmembers were always the first to die by aliens.

And don’t forget African Americans.

The Advanced Beings that brought me back looked suspiciously like the bigheaded ones in a Twilight Zone episode called To Serve Man where aliens ate white people.

 I never saw Puerto Ricans or Mexicans or Obama in the episode.

They probably were eaten first along with Chinese about an hour later.

I imagined one of the aliens groaning French and drooling like Homer Simpson

The aliens didn’t want to eat my brains.

They wanted to know about America in the early part of the 21 Century.

Then the clone of Albert Einstein showed up to put me at ease.

Tell them what you know, he said.

I know about a comedy on ABC about a Puerto Rican in prison.

I know television. Good-bye, 21 Century.

It’s been real

Art direction, photos and text by Daniel Angel Aponte Dreamer
Copyrighted 2117 DAAD






1941 Germany

Acting on Intel, we positioned ourselves with rifles in the woods as we waited for The Mad Man to pass by. 

I stared through the sniper scope for hours and the bastard never showed up.

Where is he? Hitler is supposed to be at this location at this moment in history.

 “ Gee, I hope nothing happened to him”, said Albert Einstein with a deadpan look.

This has been the season finale of My Life As A Comic Book









No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020