Monday, February 3, 2014


Poetfolio by Danny Aponte

 

I asked a librarian if I could request the Good Fellas soundtrack.

 

There was a song featured in the film I wanted to hear.

 

What’s the name of it, he asked with a shy smile.

 

Be My Baby Tonight, I replied. He giggled.

 

OMG! I wasn’t thinking at the library!

 

 He thinks I’m hitting on him!

 

Everything’s changed since I came out of my semi-coma in The New Millennium.

 

Be My Baby is by The Ronettes, he said like an eager contestant on Jeopardy.

 

What is Poetfolio?

 

This story about a South Bronx Public Library has everything including a brain damaged Puerto Rican obsessed with writing The Great American Novel where humor happens.

 

I’ll be in the non-fiction section if anyone needs to read this.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020