Tuesday, April 21, 2015

You can't spell Bronx without bro







In the time of The Psychedelic Furs, my older brother, Victor, was an artist at The School of Visual Arts and multipurpose musician in a band that rocked with all kinds of music.

He gave me my first electric guitar and we also jammed making our own comic books

He was like Keith Richards in the time of Mick Jagger singing pleased to meet you

He was a chick magnet who lived hard and looked handsome when death caught up with him.  He was a bad guy with a conscience who was proud I was better than him.

He was like Claw, a super hero he created way before Wolverine of The X-Men.

My brother was my hero in the city of guns & roses and burning buildings

The South Bronx clashed with the Irish cops who brought The Troubles.

We lived by the river where we could see Riker’s Island Prison Island.

As I type notes The Psychedelic Furs sing

Don’t Forget About Me

Murals For Dreams And Other Planes Of Existence In The Universe Of Inner Space

Jane!!! Stop This Crazy Media Thing by Danny Aponte of Public School 161

An essay on Freedom of Speech to sing songs like a canary in a coalmine

Copyrighted in The South Bronx of Legal Graffiti from Here To Eternity

LLAP


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020