Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Welcome To The Future!


This Is Not Closure

 

I signed the papers to have my mother’s other son admitted into Bronx State Mental Hospital. He’s in bad shape, said a doctor as we watched orderlies move him on his feet slow as a snail. His face was frozen with a grimace of a fallen stone gargoyle and eyes an abyss of the demons Schizophrenia aided and abetted by Crack. He stared at us until he passed out of view. I heard the doctor’s voice in my head over and over again.

 

He’s in bad shape.

 

At the hospital, I sat on a bench and looked into the mystery of the forest. I now see the stars and the fireflies as symbols of The Wonder Years.  I’m inside my brain that he tried to smash with a bat while I slept in bed. Unlike Abel killed by Cain for being thoughtful in his dreams, I felt the fires of his jealousies enter the room before he kicked down the door just like his father used to do in a drunken rage.  The king of mental illness is dead but the abuse on me in childhood was to be continued. His son relished his inheritance from his god, his sire long rotted away in his grave nearby a castle by an ocean.

 

In a binary star system, one sun imploded and became a black hole that relentlessly tries to pull the starlight of the other into darkness.  I am the accountant of my own 9/11. I’ve been attacked over and over again. I draw out venom and stitch wounds with words. 

 

This is not closure

 

The woman who said she’s my mother finally uprooted herself from a windowsill with the view of a funeral parlor and disappeared. Hours later, she came back with her son who looked like the devil from an old black and white Twilight Zone episode.

He and her and the city of New York has been killing me ever since. I’m scared not to know if I can ever heal from loss, what could have been my American Dream.

 

I was happier in New Hampshire, The Live Free Or Die State.

 

I’m going to die to get freedom

 

To be or not to be…

 

To be continued…

 

 






 

Vast Wasteland To Vast Wasteland: An Essay By Images And Painting By Words

 

 By Danny Aponte formerly of P.S 161

 

Copyrighted by Daniel Angel Aponte

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020