Monday, December 9, 2013


How To Pitch Nightmares To DreamWorks by Danny Aponte of P.S 161


 

This is a homework assignment on creating a tour book to draw people to The South Bronx. The holidays are better here than in other countries but, for now, stay away from the post office on St Ann’s Avenue!!! I needed help for my mother who had her mailbox broken into and what we received was the runaround for months. They say God helps those who help their own selves or SO HELP ME HOWARD!!!

 

I have a problem with a chubby faced postal supervisor who asked what’s my problem. But when I saw his one lazy eye (probably looking in the distance of the Butterball turkey dinner he gobbled two days ago) I knew he wasn’t interested in my problem.

 

As a human being, he was better than the zombies in World War Z, a movie that’s just another way of saying it’s Black Friday. Hey, don’t laugh! This is not funny! On the other begging hand, I suppose misery does love comedy.  Okay, chuckle choke on this: hey, post office, the reality check is in the emails I’m sending everyone around the world.

 

In all due fairness, there is an Asian- American post office worker who smiled kindly behind the Plexiglas when I stood on the tips of my toes and asked can you please help my mother? We’re not getting our mail! Boo-hoo! There is no Santa Claus! Boo-hoo! Boo freaking hoo as a cop once said after a Neo Nazi at school beat me into a coma.

 

But that’s no excuse for me not doing my homework.

 

It’s about grading New York and the USA. This is my version of Standard and Poor in The South Bronx. I’m sorry. I can’t hear the post office laughing. Well now hear this.

 

HO! HO! HO!

 

To prove humor happens, have another lump of reindeer dump in your stockings.

 

Oh well. There’s always next year, right?

 

You better hope!

 




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I was a kid, I saw a sci-fi movie called When Worlds Collide.

 

Earth is destroyed but the best male and female scientists escape to a new planet. What scared me was that there were no Puerto Ricans on that spaceship.

 

I definitely didn’t see any black people.

 

 As a matter of fact, there was nothing but white people. So I decided to build my own starship from burnt out buildings in The South Bronx.

 

Thanks to The Public Library, I finally succeeded.

 

So long, suckers!

 


http://dannydope.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020