Saturday, October 20, 2018

Short Story


 A Japanese American real estate agent, who made more money as a topless dancer in a Manhattan club by the Hudson River, gave me her Dell monitor that faded into darkness after 9 years of continuous use on recovering my memories after head injuries in a hate attack by a Neo Nazi at N.Y.U.


She also gave me her blue screen prone XP Windows P.C delivered in the boot of her white Mercedes-Benz. She didn’t wipe totally her data and that’s how I found pictures of her at The Playboy Mansion.

Her spirit is more beautiful than her beautiful body and that’s what I loved about her. Once she knew I had seen her in the nude, she became embarrassed as if her little brother had found out and begged her to go back to another real estate job.

I became blind when the monitor gave up the ghost. 

The next day, I found a 20-dollar bill under clothes in a drawer and went on a long walk in a drizzle of rain to a shopping mall in The South Bronx.

I was in the middle of an explosion of new technology at Best Buy. I wandered in invisible fields of radiation nearby The Field Of Dreams called Yankee Stadium.

 I was more stunned by the innovations than the prices of monitors, one of which was selling for nearly 1000 dollars. I walked to a pawnshop and saw a PC screen for $49.99. I kept walking until a thrift shop came into sight like a mystical vision.

A caramel colored man with a straw hat on his baldhead made me think I was in a musical Cuba of ancient automobiles in mint condition. His eyes lit up when he saw 20 dollars and went to work on finding a monitor in a techno junkyard of a little shop.

He tested a Samsung and wrapped it in a garbage bag to protect it from the rain and also provided a beaten beige canvas bag with leather handles.

The obsolete monitor was like a broken head of a robot in that it wouldn’t stay up to face me and it was not cable comparable with my PC. I brought it back through long blocks made longer by the weight of the screen. He took it back and showed me a Sony.

Windows 98 has detected new hardware. Searching for drivers…

I could see again The Blue Danube that took my inner child to 2001: A Space Odyssey.

This is story on evolving the better angels of our nature in pursuit of higher education.

Can you read me now?

Lol

Copyrighted 2018 All Human Rights Reserved










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020