Saturday, December 13, 2014

HEI: Highly Evolved Idiots



Once upon a time, my community was like science fiction in The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury who also wrote Fahrenheit 451. I carried Anne Frank in my arms as the shadows of burnt-out buildings and bullies fell over us in The South Bronx of America.

 

After following a path on paper white snow, I pulled down my hood before entering my Fortress of Solitude where I discovered A Winkle In Time. One millennium later, after Waiting For Super Man at our library, I flew ideas to make true a dream for my 6th grade English teacher who believed one day I would write The Great American Novel.

 

Write what you know, she encouraged the boy with the 11th grade reading level.

 

I know, like Thomas Jefferson, I can’t live without my books.

 

 I know a writer wrote if everyone knew how to write on his or her life everyone would have a great story.  I know The Founding Father who wrote We, The People. I know he resides in a church nearby the fireflies of Saint Mary’s Park, where I was The Lone Ranger in The Space Age. I know the next generation: a super schoolgirl who carried stories of our lives in her arms with a smile that left the borders of her bright little face. 

 

The End of this very short story begins the tall future of children. 

 

Again.

 

The money would be used to help finish a homework assignment on creating a tour book for our hometown that draws the spirit of we, the people at The Hunt’s Point Public Library. Imagine Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Colin Powell, Al Pacino and others who grew up in The South Bronx reading the books of their lives to an audience.

 

In other words, book them Dano. Of course, it’s unavoidable. Books go straight to DVD.

 

Here comes Hollywood.

 

LOL

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020