Thursday, December 11, 2014

Color genius with heart


Once upon a time in The South Bronx of America, my community was like science fiction in The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury. I carried Anne Frank in my arms as the shadows of burnt-out buildings and bullies fell long over us.

 

After making a path in the snow, I pulled down my hood before entering my Fortress of Solitude where I discovered A Winkle In Time. 1 millennium later, I got tired of Waiting For Super Man and made a dream came true for my 6th grade English teacher who believed I would write The Great American Novel. Write what you know, she said.

 

I know books. I know, like Thomas Jefferson, I can’t live without my books.

 

 I know a writer said if everyone knew how to write his or her life everyone would have a great story.  I know The Founding Father who wrote We, The People. He resides in a church nearby the fireflies of Saint Mary’s Park, where I was The Lone Ranger in The Space Age. I know the next generation at The Hunt’s Point Library. I know 1 in the form of a little girl with a stack of books and a smile that left the borders of her bright face. 

 

The end is a new beginning

 

The money would be used to help finish a homework assignment on creating a tour book for our hometown by creating an ad to draw Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Colin Powell, Al Pacino and others raised in The South Bronx to read the books of their lives to an audience at The Hunt’s Point Public Library.

 

In other words, book them Dano.

 

And here comes Hollywood.

 

LOL

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020