Saturday, February 16, 2019

And The Oscar Goes To COLOR ME NOIR: A Film About Publishing A Book


 I was 12 years old when a Blue Gem razor blade was about to slice my wrist.
“If you end your life, you’re never know how The Story Ends,” whispered a voice.

I became calm.

I decided to spite everyone that abused me by allowing life to go on.

I was shot at several times while playing Hide N Seek in the summer nights of The South Bronx of burnt buildings and bullies. The bullets whizzed by as I ran faster than I ever ran before to the point of everything slowing down.

I was a 10 years old who had looked into the heart of a lightning bolt that struck several feet away from the stoop we sat on to trade baseball cards and comic books.

My friends were tumbled back by the force of the bolt as I was.

They never saw it coming.

I saw another reality inside the lightning strike that made me think of an episode of Star Trek where a man was transformed by cosmic energy into something beyond humanity.

I crawled inside a TV set among the garbage of our backyard. I see a vast wasteland, said the first president of The FCC. I saw a cowboy ride from Death Valley Days and into The South Bronx as President Ronald Reagan who promised to help my town rebuilt itself.

 Mission: Impossible was my favorite spy show broadcasted from the station with the Eye In The Sky logo. Like Star Trek, it motivated me to technology. I invented stuff that worked and went to the library to borrow books on how to build a computer from junkyards and abandoned buildings of The South Bronx. I wanted A Piece Of The Action like a little kid said with a switchblade in another episode of Star Trek





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020