Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Subcon


 Homelessness Made Easy For Dummies
By
Danny Aponte, 6th Grader At Public School 161

The French Riviera of The Bronx is Orchard Beach of sun-bleached hot sands. I walked on water sandbars with a diver’s mask worked for by shining shoes and delivering groceries. Behind me was a memory of my mother’s husband who abused me.

Among other things, he tried to drown me in the bathtub.

He didn’t know I could hold my breath longer than any kid at the swimming pool.

Air was almost depleted as I ran series of exits at fast speed to settle on an option.

Play dead.

He let go of my neck when my body went into convulsions and then limp. He ran out of the apartment with a strange yell and into the streets of The South Bronx.


I will never come back to The South Bronx. I put on my mask and dived into mystery.

The ocean washed the belt lashings off my back as I flew free with euphoria.

I wanted to live in Atlantis

One day I would come back for my mother.

I had a grand adventure that was lost like sunken treasure because of a Neo Nazi who pretended to be a friend so he could punch me several times in the back of my head.

It felt like he had shot me rapidly at point blank range into my brain.

Left for dead, my body disappeared deep into the subconscious 

I drifted.

If I’m dead, why do I dream of revenge by living life well?

I saw stars in every direction.

Every point of light was a memory close but far away

Then I was back in a glass building with VR visors.

What year is it?

2018

Copyrighted

By

Daniel Angel Aponte

Dreamer

DAAD













No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020