Tuesday, June 12, 2018

admerica in SAP


 I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I jumped off a bridge and landed on top of a slow moving freight train leaving The South Bronx. The boy I was wanted freedom.

I leaped the Grand Canyon wide spaces of the cargo cars. I ran and leaped from car to car. I leaned forward as if I were on a surfboard when the train rose above the trees.

Freedom was the song running through my hair.

And only the sun was brighter than my joy.

What happened next was unbelievable

Almost Heaven. West Virginia.

As I coughed up blood in a hospital of strangers, I journey the better angel of my nature, to the boy I was who wanted to be a super hero

Life

To Be Continued

Homelessness Made Easy For Dummies

by Daniel Angel Aponte

of Public School 161

Copyrighted 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020