Monday, September 18, 2017

Image may contain: 1 person




 An African American woman told me about The Anti- Christ as I was looking through the mail.
He will be a man of great power and prestige, she said. And the world will love him.
Nobody knows who he is, she said with a look in her eyes that reaffirmed the idea life is too
unbelievable for the movies. 
Maybe I’m The Anti-Christ, I said, bothered by the idea.
I said he will be a man of GREAT POWER AND PRESTIGE, she said with a sneer.
Hey, I’m working on it, I said, annoyed by her lack of faith.
Before I left, I asked her if I could use her name for reference to save myself at Judgement Day.
Another African-American burst out laughing.
You have to stand up for yourself, she said.
Alone again, naturally, I sang a line from an old song.
Make that alone again
supernaturally.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Fears In 2020